FROM THE PHILANTHROPY PARTNER’S DESK
India Cares Foundation (‘India Cares’) believe CSOs contribute to building a more humane society
VISION: A strong and vibrant CSO community especially based on public support.
MISSION: To help build the humane society we all wish to live in, train CSOs to be vibrant, proactive and efficient and to enhance the quality of services, income and accountability of CSOs
India Cares also works with Companies and other stakeholders to bring about the positive changes in the world we all wish to live in.
- CSOs with public communications, building visibility, fundraising and accountability. We are ‘Philanthropy Partners’ for the TCS World 10k (Bengaluru), the Airtel Delhi Half Marathon and Tata Steel Kolkata 25K
- Companies to identify and undertake CSR activities with CSOs along with Employee Engagement
- CSO engagement engagement in India’s annual festival of giving ‘Daan Utsav’ in Bengaluru and Delhi
As a 'friend' we help CSOs and others wishing to engage with the sector and provide assistance in numerous ways!
Background: India Cares started in Bengaluru in the year 2000 with a small group of individuals coming together who wished to help CSOs build bridges with companies and the government. We first worked in and around Bengaluru as ‘Bangalore Cares’. In 2014 we changed our name to ‘India Cares Foundation’. We have begun to spread our activities in northern India. Since 2008 over 1100 CSOs have associated with us and through us they have raised INR 70+ crore.
We have a year round approach in supporting CSOs
Approach on important values: Cause neutral – we are open to all charitable causes; we do not promote a particular cause.
- The choice of cause/charity to fund raise/support is given to the Donor/ Fundraiser. CSOs are raising funds for specific impact so it is easy for a fundraiser to raise funds directly.
- We believe the Donor-CSO connect being important to cement long term relationships & loyalties - It is our dream that people who donate get to know how they have brought about change - it could be a direct impact on an under privileged life, it could go for the teacher's salary, it could be to start a new project.... CSOs would be happy to let the donor know the change being made.. this will help them together to keep building the CSO.
- Over the years, we have had an honor system of reporting by CSOs, who raise funds and providing the utilisation reports for the funds raised. CSOs are happy that we believe in them, donors are happy that they can donate directly to the CSO, due to the reporting system set up, donations received can be verified, utilisation reports are made public, people are invited to visit the CSO, so the CSO is also responsible to the public... all it takes is a little belief about the 'Good' that's happening..
We are a ‘Trust’ registered in Bengaluru; with an active Board that is strongly connected to CSOs India Cares seeks to Support, Encourage and Promote the CSO Community through the international platform of Airtel Delhi Half Marathon since the CSO Sector as a vital element in building a humane society.
To make a contribution to a cause of choice visit: http://icfn.in/ADHM/csos/
Go that extra mile by Fundraising. Choose your Target: http://icfn.in/event-article/ADHM/overview/
To run/ contribute for a cause as Corporate Cares (a section that combines CSR and Employee Engagement) please write to email@example.com / 8607938643